It’s the middle of December now and for some reason I keep going back to the feeling I had as I walked into my room and admired a huge wonderfully furnished suite full of light with an amazing terrace overlooking both the ocean and the lagoon, wow what a treat!!
So finally I got enough inspiration to share my review of this great place on the Caribbean Sea, don’t you just love life at the beach?
From top to bottom, this hotel offers what I like to call the Perfect Adults Only Luxury Experience.
1. The Property- The elegant minimalistic vertical design allows the property to make the most out of its narrow beachfront, but OMG is it a gorgeous beach! Long white sands that end in that emblematic turquoise clear water that becomes bluer as it gets deeper, whenever I think of the beach of Cancun, that one image I get is translated exactly in the way the beach looks from the hotel.
2. F&B- The options are great, of course a lot of variety and a good quality from the Buffet at Breakfast to the specialty options for dinner, my favorites were the Mediterranean—Olio— I really liked the menu (truly mediterranean); the Asian restaurant — Dragon’s—- also has many options (japanese, chinese, korean); Sea Salt Grill for Lunch (excellent service) and Market Café (Buffet for Breakfast), the omelette chef here is a gem!! cheers to her!! In room Dining- Excellent, The Vine Café and the Bars very nice, you never have to struggle for a good meal or your favorite drink at anytime.
3. The rooms- I could easily stay in the room and never come out, they are super modern, luxurious, well equipped, comfortable and just dreamy, I was lucky enough to experience a Master Suite so there was nothing more I could ask for, it became home from the moment I stepped in and I enjoyed it to the fullest, with a huge terrace overlooking the ocean for an unforgettable sunrise on the beach and windows everywhere for a romantic view of the sunset over the lagoon, free wifi and smartTV (Yay!!), wooden furnishing, 2 bathrooms, 2 living rooms, dining room and entrance hall, it was just perfect!!
4. Activities- They offer a good variety from yoga, spinning, aquaaerobics to wine pairing daily, and the gym even though it is not too big it has a stunning ocean view that makes you want to stay and workout all day, the pool and beach are very comfortable and clean and they have good amounts of shade.
5. The people- What I love the most about AMResorts is their staff, I haven’t stayed in too many of them but it really feels very warm, and I can say I recognize it as an asset to that brand, memorable staff at the resort would be Laura at Concierge, she was just the sweetest and what I loved about her is she is authentically passionate about service, you can tell right away, she is genuine, caring, professional, patient, kind, eager to listen and to help, I could also tell she has great leadership so I hope she gets promoted soon!
Jesus at Sea Salt Grill, very sociable, fun and full of energy, a driven man with clear goals, hopefully he will also get very far. And although I didn’t meet him I saw the manager around everyday in the areas making sure everything was perfect everywhere so cheers to that!!
The only thing I felt I wanted and didn’t get was more time to stay there!! it is worth at least a 4 night stay to experience the variety of flavors and atmospheres and also I still need to visit the spa, hopefully next time.
Choose this resort for a romantic getaway to surprise your partner, you will not regret it.